The journey of losing weight is not an easy nor a quick one, and many of us struggle with losing off the excess fat. But there are some home remedies that you can adapt to lose weight in as less as two weeks.
If you are struggling with lose belly fat and lose weight then here are the fifteen most effective home remedies for weight loss in 2 weeks. What’s even better is that these remedies for weight loss can be tried out at home.
Table of Contents
Causes of Weight Gain
Weight gain can be defined as an increase in body mass including an increase in muscle mass, fat deposits, excess fluids such as water, or other factors as a result of overeating or lack of physical exercise. Weight gain can also be due to medical conditions. Below we are going to examine some of the causes of weight gain.
- Genetics: One of the causes of weight gain is Obesity. Obesity is one of the biggest health challenges in the world. Obesity has a strong genetic component. Children whose parents are obese are more likely to become obese than children whose parents are lean.
- Stress: Stress can cause a cascade of hormonal changes that can distort our metabolism and affect our sense of hunger and fullness. The cortisol is also known as the stress hormone, it increases in our body when we are stressed which in turn increases our appetite and craving for junks. Stress dulls the leptin hormone in the body which is responsible for making our feel satisfied. With these distortions, it is a balanced recipe for weight gain.
- Food Intake: You are what you eat! Has never rung truer. The quality of what you feed into your body plays a vital role in your weight. Timings order of your meals is important (eating the right meal at the right time). Portion size is bigger at most restaurants nowadays which has normalized supersizing. Some people suffer from food addiction especially to high junk foods which causes them to lose control over their eating habits and behaviors which can be similar to alcohol addiction. These factors tend to lead to weight gain.
- Insomnia: Lack of sleep affects our hunger balancing hormones which can lead to weight gain. We spend our times during insomnia watching television, surfing the net, or doing other activities, while doing this many of us consume a lot of foods (mostly junks). Sleep deprivation can also affect our ability to make the right decisions, it makes us more impulsive, for instance, we go for junk foods instead of healthy meals when we are sleep deprived.
- Medication: Certain medications when taken as been known to cause weight gain as a side effect. For instance, antidepressants, antipsychotics, and diabetes drugs, and some birth control pills have been known to cause weight gain over time.
- Misinformation: Generally, there is a lot of misconception about nutrition and health by people all over the world due to misinformation. They are being misinformed about health and nutrition by some websites who spread wrong information, some new outlet misinterprets by oversimplifying / under simplifying the information gotten, the information given by some food companies selling products that are not working to promote sales while other information may be out of date or based on unproven/half-baked theories. This misinformation can lead to weight gain, especially to people trying to follow weight-loss strategies.
Home Remedies for Weight Loss
1. Black pepper
Piperine is a compound present in black pepper that gives it a pungent flavor. Piperine helps in losing weight as it reduces fat and lowers lipids in our bodies.
According to a study, consumption of black pepper proved a remarkable reduction in total free fatty acids, phospholipids, triglycerides, and cholesterol levels in the plasma and lipid (1).
Simply add one teaspoon of black pepper powder in any of your foods, salad, or tea. Use daily for optimum results.
2. Curry Leaf
Home remedies for weight loss include eating curry leaf. They have natural properties that help in digestion and weight loss. Moreover, curry leaf also reduces the level of cholesterol, triglyceride, in the body which helps in losing weight naturally (2).
You can eat around 7-8 leafs each morning for a few days. Make sure to consume them on an empty stomach to lose weight in less than two weeks.
Garlic has properties that can make you lose weight naturally which is why it’s another of the home remedies to lose weight. Consuming garlic can help prevent obesity and also boost your body’s thermogenesis (3).
You can use garlic by adding 1-2 teaspoons of grated garlic to all your food, or can also chew on garlic cloves directly, but beware of its strong flavor. Make sure to consume garlic, either way, three times a day.
One of the home remedies for weight loss is to eat a bowl of plain yogurt two times every day. This is because yogurt is loaded with probiotics, which can be considered as beneficial microorganisms. They boost metabolism which helps in losing and maintaining weight.
Cinnamon activates certain metabolic activities in our gut which help fight obesity and lose weight. Moreover, cinnamon consumption can also help in preventing diabetes and heart disease (6).
You need to add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder to a glass of warm water and drink it on an empty stomach daily. You can also add honey and lemon juice to it.
6. Parsley juice
One of the home remedies for weight loss includes drinking parsley juice. You can make this at home by blending parsley leaves and adding lemon juice and honey to it. This should be consumed on an empty stomach every morning for five days and then again after a gap of 10 days.
Both lemon and parsley are excellent sources for Vitamin C, which helps digestion and oxidation of fat in our bodies (7, 8). This makes parsley juice one of the most effective home remedies for weight loss.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful natural home remedy to lose weight fast. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which is useful for weight loss and can give results in 2 weeks. This is because it has anti-inflammatory and anti-obesity properties which help in fighting against obesity and in burning off excess calories and fat in the body (9, 10, 11)
You can add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water, and can also add honey to it. You should drink this mixture two times every day.
8. Honey and lemon mixture
Consuming honey and lemon mixture is one of the most effective home remedies for weight loss. This is because honey contains amino acids and minerals which boost metabolism and lower lipid levels in our bodies (12).
Lemon and honey mixture are also known as the grandma home remedies for weight loss.
While lemon improves the functioning of the liver which helps in removing waste and toxins from our bodies. This improves digestion and helps in the oxidation of fats. Simply add two teaspoons of honey and lemon juice to a glass of warm water and drink every day.
9. Aloe Vera
The properties of aloe vera make it one of the most useful and magical home remedies for health care, especially for skincare. Its daily use has proven to improve overall health as well as help you lose weight naturally.
Aloe Vera juice has many beneficial properties such as aiding in digestion and reducing inflammation in our bodies (13).
You just need to consume one cup of unsweetened aloe vera juice every day which will improve metabolism and aid in losing weight.
The miraculous root, ginger health benefits are proven by scientific research. Ginger has properties that increase thermogenesis and help in burning extra fat in our bodies (14). Moreover, consuming ginger gives us a feeling of fullness and reduces hunger pangs.
You can try out this home remedy for weight loss by consuming ginger tea daily, ideally before every meal. To prepare ginger tea, simply add one teaspoon of grated ginger to a cup of hot water and steep for 7 minutes. Strain off the ginger and add honey to the tea. It’s ready to drink.
Eating papaya is also one of the home remedies for weight loss. It contains a high content of Vitamin C and soluble dietary fiber which eases bowel movement and removes waste from the body.
By eliminating the toxins, it boosts metabolism and prevents heart disease (15). Substitute your dinner with papaya for two weeks and notice the results.
12. Green tea
Green tea is acknowledged as a miracle and an herbal remedy to reduce weight. It is also known to burn fat naturally. It’s an antioxidant and consuming 2-3 cups of it every day not only boosts metabolism but also burns and flushes out fat from the body (16).
This is why green tea is one of the most popular home remedies for weight loss in 2 weeks, and that too without any physical workouts. You can start consuming green tea by replacing your daily coffee and tea with it.
Cabbage has fewer calories and a higher content of water and fiber. It also contains tartaric acid that prevents the conversion of carbohydrates and sugar into fat.
Eating a bowl of raw cabbage or cabbage soup daily; is quite effective for weight loss naturally.
14. Cranberry juice
Cranberry juice not only has few calories but also has an abundance of antioxidants. Drinking it daily helps in boosting metabolism and removing toxins from your bodies, which aids in weight loss.
15. Coconut oil
Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that help in boosting metabolism and losing weight naturally (17). Simply consume one tablespoon of virgin coconut oil every day.
Coconut oil displays powerful effects on your metabolism, which is one of the main reasons for you to lose weight naturally (18).
These remedies have been known to help in weight loss in as less as two weeks. To achieve even better results, you should make changes to your diets and add physical exercise into your daily routines. So, below we will talk about diet plan and easy exercise for weight loss naturally.
Diet Plan for Natural Weight loss at Home
Your weight is hormonally regulated. If you reduce the levels of the fat-storing hormone insulin, your weight loss will be much easier. Below some of the foods, you need to add or avoid in your diet plan for a natural weight loss program.
Best Foods For Weight Loss at Home
- Skimmed milk
- Dry fruits and nuts
- Boiled Potatoes
- Chia Seeds
- Cottage Cheese
- Lean Meat
- Legumes and Beans
Read the details about the: 20 Best Foods for Weight Loss
Food to Avoid For Weight Loss at Home
- Sugar-Free Products
- White Bread
- Ice Cream
- Potato Chips
- Candy Bars
- Fried Chicken
- Sugary Drinks
- Baked Goods
- Alcohol, Especially Beer
- Soybean Oil
- Protein Bars
- Whole Milk
- Salad Dressing
Read the details about the: 15 Food to Avoid For Weight Loss
Easy Exercise for Natural Weight loss at Home
If you want to faster your natural weight goal then you can do below easy exercises.
- Jogging or running
Tips on How to Reduce Weight at Home
When it comes to the subject of weight loss, many are quick to point to diet regimens and exercises to engage in. Yes, constant dieting and exercise are essential and efficient in losing weight, but can you keep exercising all day? Certainly not! Following a strict diet regimen is also extremely stressful.
If you’re in that category where you don’t get to exercise or eat the necessary foods to lose weight, you’re still covered. Below are five proven ways to lose weight at home without diet or exercise:
- Quality Sleep: Sleeping well and sleeping for long hours has been proven to reduce weight and even prevent weight gain. A good sleep affects your appetite and weight favorably.
- Change your lifestyle: Don’t eat just because you want to lose weight. Eat to become fitter, healthier, and happier. Even those who “diet” are likely to gain more weight with time.
- Brush your teeth: This sounds funny, right! After meals, brushing your teeth helps you limit your snacks and beverage intake, which can increase calories in your body.
- Use Smaller Plates: Using smaller plates helps you eat less and gives you an impression of eating more.
- Drink Water: Rather than drinking juice or soda, drink water instead! Regular intake of water helps you burn calories faster and also limits your food intake!
Try out any of these options, and watch yourself lose weight in no time.
Related: 20 Best Ways to Lose Weight at Home