Pimples greatly understate your beauty by hiding your real glory under a mask of redness and accumulated dirt. There are so many ladies who have zero ideas on what needs to be done in case they get pimples. If you’re one of them too, then you definitely need to know the basic home remedies for pimples and acne to cure.
Table of Contents
Home Remedies For Pimples:
1. Tea Tree Oil
An Australian tree called Melaleuca alternifolia has leaves that have inbuilt skin-friendly properties (1). The tea tree oil is extracted from its leaves and is very effective for treating pimples.
- How to use: It is not suitable to be used alone, so always dilute it before use; mix 1 part of tea tree oil in 10 parts of water. Soak a cotton pad in this mixture and apply it on your pimples. Do this practice every day, you may even do it even twice a day if your condition is severe.
2. Green Tea
Green tea is known for losing weight. But did you know that it can heal pimples? Green tea actually reduces the production of sebum which curbs the appearance of pimples on your skin surface (2). Expert dermatologists have revealed that green tea as home remedies for pimples that really work.
- How to use: Dip green tea in boiling water and when it cools down to apply it with a cotton pad on your skin. You may do this daily; twice a day if necessary.
3. Brown Sugar
Exfoliation is necessary for your dermal health. If you are not exfoliating then you are scientifically not removing the dead cells and dirt from your pores, the excess oil, air pollutants, and dead skin cells block your pores and this causes pimples. Since exfoliating your skin is vital, you must prepare a sugar scrub for yourself for exfoliating your skin on every alternate day.
- How to use: Take some brown sugar (as per need) and mix it with a cleansing cream/milk cream, just rub this mixture on your skin against the hair growth and in small round patterns, to remove all dirt effectively. Wash it off with cool water when you feel you have exfoliated properly.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar includes numerous natural acids that have been shown to kill P. acnes (3, 4). Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature so mix it well with water; take one part of vinegar and 10 parts of water. Now the procedure is the same, you just have to dab it on your affected skin area and let it work for a while.
- How to use: Wash your face after some 30 minutes with cool water. Because you had diluted the apple cider vinegar, you may use it every day to get rid of pimples.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera probably the best home remedy for acne among other home remedies for pimples.
An additional benefit of using aloe vera for curing skin problems is that it can also lighten your skin tone.
Aloe vera plants can be easily grown indoors and survive in less water. Keep the plant near a window that gets ample sunlight. Cut off a leaf when needed and store its pulp in the fridge.
- How to use: Rub it on your skin daily to nourish and to remove germs from your skin. Use the aloe vera pulp to soothe your pores every day.
Honey is an ideal treating agent for many skin problems. Dry skin, dull skin, tanned skin, and more can be repaired by using honey. The issue of pimples on the skin can also be cured by honey usage.
- How to use: Basically, take some honey daily in a small bowl and massage it on your skin with your fingers. After cleansing the skin finely for 30 minutes, wash it off with body/face wash and cool water.
Related: 15 Anti-Aging Foods For Younger Looking Skin
7. Coconut oil
Coconut oil massage, generally, makes the skin plump and smooth and revives its clarity. The smell of coconut oil is good too which enables the user to bear it for as long as it takes to affect the pimples.
- How to use: Rubbing coconut oil on pimples can also reduce the redness and swelling. The blemishes will also be dulled on the usage of pure virgin coconut oil regularly on the skin.
If you desire the most beautiful skin then drink water, as much as you can. Water is the creation that can literally wash its pathway unless intolerable levels of impurities are there.
The gist is that water dissolves everything in it, so this property is advantageous for a person who wants clear skin. Water flushes out all internal impurities of the body, all the toxins, and germs. Drinking plenty of water can give skin clarity and glow.
- How to use: The spotlessness that you are looking for or the pimple-free skin can surely be achieved by drinking lots of water in a day, at least two liters per day.
Related: 15 Foods For Glowing Skin
9. Dairy products
It’s important to note that reducing the consumption of dairy products can have positive effects on your skin when it comes to reducing acne and pimples.
Studies have revealed that those people who consume more dairy products are more prone to acne than those who don’t (5).
Take a substitute for dairy products, for example, if you are looking for calcium and vitamin D then switch to broccoli or kale instead of drinking milk.
10. Oily foods
Cutting down the consumption of oily foods can also help you in stopping the appearance and reappearance of pimples.
The oily foods, like fried items, meals cooked in deep oil et cetera, should be avoided as they adversely affect your skin and beauty. For clear skin, take a non-oily diet and a lot of fruits and vegetables.
Ice can also help cure pimples, basically reducing the itchiness and swelling at the beginning.
- How to use: Put an ice bag on your pimples daily to lessen pimples and the redness and swelling (that is a by-product of pimples and acne).
Garlic is an anti-fungal and anti-viral agent that helps in treating and reducing pimples.
- How to use: All you need to do is cut the garlic in thick slices and rub it gently on the pimples for 5-6 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. To have good results from this home remedy for pimples; repeat this procedure every day.
Have you ever seen your mother putting on toothpaste on a burnt area of her skin after accidentally touching a hot pot, to not cause redness, and to reduce pain?
It’s because toothpaste has cooling properties that reduce the inflammation and relieves you of soreness.
- How to use: To reduce pimples, apply white toothpaste on your affected areas before going to bed and wash off with cool water in the morning. Perform this task daily for the best results.
Pimples are a menace naturally, but what makes one hate them more is their occurrence before important events, therefore, care must be taken to treat them pre and post appearance. Hopefully, the above-mentioned home remedies for pimples will help you in getting rid of pimples.