It’s always a good idea to install a dash cam in your car – you never know when you’ll need footage from your windshield. This list of best dash cam recommendations provided by MegaDrivingSchool. If you don’t know who is MegaDrivingSchool then check our beloved MegaDrivingSchool on YouTube and Facebook – maybe, once you have a dashcam, you will be able to submit your own exciting content to them?
Table of Contents
Reasons For a Dash Cam
If you do not yet have the best dash cam installed into your car, we have a list of reasons why you should order one today.
- If you get involved in any car accidents, the dash cam recording can help during possible heated disputes.
- It will make dealing with your insurance company to a smooth process and will expedite the claim.
- Did you know that it might help you to avoid fraud? Have you seen videos of pedestrians jumping out in front of the vehicle? Without video footage, it would be hard to prove that it was not a driver’s fault as a pedestrian would be almost always seen right in the road accidents.
- It can be a learning tool. Especially, if you a starting driver, it might be really beneficial to review your driving and rethink where you or other drivers around you could have been better while on the road.
- It can be fun! Your dash cam will be with you when you go on trips and explore new places – the footage can make a great memory of the holiday scenery which we don’t have time to fully appreciate while driving.
- It can help your car stay in the place where you left it – thieves are least interested in cars that have cameras installed with motion detectors.
Best Dash Cam Recommendations
Are you convinced? MegaDrivingSchool made a list of various best dash cams that will suit all needs and budgets too. Let’s start from our best value dash cams: we chose some great options which will bring you good quality for a good price.
Best Value Dash Cam
- A119 v3 ($93-120 USD)
- B1W ($47-55 USD)
- Street Guardian SGGCX2 (Includes memory card and CPL filter) ($130-264 USD)
Most of us forget that accidents can happen from both sides of the car, not only from the front! Dual cams promise you a full view of any incidents which may occur on the road:
Best Value Dual Dash Cam
- A129 Duo ($150-170 USD)
- A129 Pro Duo ($250 USD)
- Thinkware FA200 2CH WiFi ($130-150 USD)
Best Budget Dash Cam
Not having a dash camera at all and finally getting one is already a big step. We chose some good options for you who cannot afford a fancy dash cam at the moment, but still understand its necessity:
- APEMAN C450 A ($45)
- Yi Dash cam ($50-60 USD)
- Anker Roav S1 ($90 USD)
- Anker ROAV C1 ($70 USD)
- AUKEY ($70 USD)
- YI Nightscape Dash Cam ($65 USD)
- APEMAN C420 ($40)
As said before, you might plan to only take place in the front view accidents, but… well, that is not how it works on the road. Go for a budget Dual cam if you do not have a lot of cash to spare at the moment, but still want to have a view from both the front and rear end of your vehicle!
Related: 10 Tips for Defensive Driving to Keep You Safe
Budget Dual Dash Cam
- Aukey DR02D ($130 USD)
- Mini 0906 ($120 USD)
If you are in a mood to invest a little more in your equipment, take a look at these dual dash cams:
- BlackVue DR590W 2CH WiFi ($240 USD)
- BlackVue DR750S 2CH ($385-510 USD)
- Street Guardian SG9663DC (Includes memory card and CPL filter) ($260-490 USD)
- BlackVue DR900S 2CH (4K) ($434-591 USD)
- Thinkware Q800PRO 2K QHD ($200 USD)
- Thinkware U1000 (4k/2k) ($400-500 USD)
Best Night Vision Dash Cams
- Garmin Dash Cam 66W Dash Cam ($200-250 USD)
- The Mio MiVue J60 car Video Camera ($124-140 USD)
- Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual Dash Cam Dual ($200 USD)
- Garmin Dash Cam Mini ($110 USD)
- Rove R2-4K ($240 USD)
- WheelWitness HD Pro ($125 USD)
- Blackvue DR900S-2CH 4K Dash Cam ($413-500 USD)
- YI Nightscape Dash Cam ($70 USD)
Best Taxi/Uber Dash Cam
Being a Taxi or Uber driver and spending all those hours on the road? You know yourself that you have a higher risk to get involved in all the nasty road accidents. These are the dash cams that Taxi and Uber drivers swear by:
- Zenfox T3-3CH ($250 USD)
- B2W ($140 USD)
- VIOFO A129 IR 2CH ($180 USD)
MicroSD Cards for Dash Cam
High endurance cards are mandatory, 64 GB, or more recommended.
- Samsung Pro Endurance ($10-30 USD)
- SanDisk High Endurance ($10-50 USD)
- Transcend High Endurance ($15-30 USD)