If you have dry hair or split ends, do not worry. There are products you can buy in the store that can do the trick, but sometimes they can make the problem worse. Fortunately, there are also natural ingredients that can treat dry hair. Listed below are a few home remedies for dry hair treatments.
Table of Contents
Home Remedies for Dry Hair Treatments:
Mayo is not just a delight when it comes to dipping your fries and nuggets, it is much more than that. Mayonnaise has the power to make your hair soft and smooth.
- How to use mayonnaise hair mask: What you need to do is simply take half a cup mayonnaise and whip it vigorously, apply it on your hair and wear a shower cap when done applying. Let the mayo do its work now. Do something else for 30 minutes or so, then wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
Egg yolk is rich in fats and proteins that provide moisture when applied directly to the scalp. You can use egg yolk to remove dry and brittle hair.
- How to use an egg yolk hair mask: This one is really simple. Crack open two eggs in a bowl and add some water to them. After this, beat the eggs so that they get mixed well with water. When it is properly beaten up, carefully apply all of the mixtures on your hair taking a few strands at a time as the runny egg can be really difficult to manage. Leave it on for a similar amount of time, that is, 30 minutes.
It is possible that you feel the odd smell really heavy but it is worth the wait. Then wash your head with cool water. Using hot water can, comically enough, start cooking the egg on your head!
Several oils can be applied to nourish your hair actually, as oils are rich in nutrients. Coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, castor oil, essential oils such as jojoba oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, argan oil, and the list goes on and on.
According to a study, coconut oil is particularly good at penetrating hair fibers (1). Recently, essential oil argan oil has become a popular home remedy for dry hair.
- How to use oil for dry hair: Oil your hair and massage your head before sleeping and take a bath in the morning. It will not only keep the hair silkier and smoother but will also prevent them from hair fall and dandruff.
In my opinion, oils should be applied on alternative days and overnight to get the best results.
4. Yogurt & Honey
Yogurt has been an ancient therapy for hair and skin issues. It can effortlessly correct many imbalances in the body or on it.
Yogurt contains a lot of protein, which makes the hair stronger and healthy. Honey restores moisture and gives you soft and silky hair.
- How to use yogurt and honey hair mask: Combine 3 tablespoons of honey, half a cup of yogurt, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Make a thick, consistent paste and apply the mixture evenly on the scalp. Rinse it with a shampoo after 30 minutes.
It is advisable to frequently use yogurt before your baths, simply, as often as you can.
Henna is the ultimate solution to all your hair problems.
If you want to kind of dye your hair into some beautiful and different color then henna is the solution. If you want to solve dandruff-related issues then henna is the cure.
If you want to strengthen your hair then henna is the food and if you care to condition your hair and make them look extremely manageable and moisturized then too henna is the perfect answer for you!
- How to use henna hair mask: The list of henna qualities is long but the process of application is short, the usual three-staged: apply, leave for a while, wash. You could use this remedy on every third day.
An uncommon treatment but works well. Take a ripe banana and mash it till no solid banana is left in the bowl. Work it through your scalp and hair, as the potassium in banana must display its magic everywhere. Leave it on for some time, then wash with slightly warm water. You could use some shampoo too.
Okay, this one is to be taken inside the body regularly. Eat! Eat a lot of fish and fish products so that your hair gets fit internally.
The strength, shine, length, volume, and all other hair problems could be definitely cured by increasing the intake of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidant-rich foods (2). These foods help fight oxidative stress and repair the damage.
Omega-3-rich foods include tuna, sardines, flax seeds, walnuts, etc (3). Antioxidant-rich foods include eggplant, berries, carrots, spinach, parsley, red wine, lean meats, milk, nuts, onions, garlic, and seafood (4).
The omega-3s in the fish are the rectifiers for your hair and skin health. Unless you have some other disease that needs another serious cure, fish works best internally to provide nourished hair.
Now, this is an interesting one. Grind it, by adding some liquid like coconut milk. Bathe your head and hair (till the tips) in this soothing mixture. You can keep it on for a while, like an hour or so. When you have to wash, use cool water and do slight shampooing.
You might say, well, butter could just like making my hair slippery for a while and nothing more… but you’re wrong! Butter massage can literally give you the desired freshness in your hair.
- How to use butter for dry hair: 30 minutes is the time limit to leave the butter on your scalp and hair, after that, wash it completely with your shampoo.
Tea, like henna, can actually be called a dye or a hair color improver. So it must be taken carefully (only by those who can manage to deal with the enhanced color). This method has a different approach in terms of application.
All the previous remedies for dry hair treatment were applied before the hair wash, this one, however, is applied after the shampoo. Once you have taken a bath, you may then rinse your hair with tea to get the desired flawless head of hair.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a gift for mankind as it has wide-ranging properties that prove to be useful for us every now and then. Vinegar’s acidic nature proves vital for the hair too.
It can repair damaged, dandruff-laden and weak hair. You can use vinegar and water in the ratio 1:10 respectively and fill a spray bottle with the mixture. Spray this on damp hair every week for fine-looking hair.
12. Aloe Vera
The aloe vera gel can help remove dryness, alongside making your hair longer and stronger. Aloe vera is known for the strength that it can instill in or on the human body. People also use it in their diet to recover from certain weaknesses like joint pain; which tells us that it can also be called an effective medicine for the human body.
The smell is good actually so you can keep it on your hair even after it has dried. Keeping it on for longer yields better results after the wash.
Your hair is your definition, your beauty. Take intense care of them. The twelve home remedies for dry hair treatments explained above are all worthy to be given a shot if you want to get rid of all your hair problems.